Smartphones are a critical part of our lives and we carry them with us everywhere we go. They are the center of our world and how we connect, make purchases, and communicate. This makes our lives easier and we get used to having our phones available all the time.
However, these are delicate electronic devices despite all of the usefulness of smartphones. One wrong move will cause significant damage to your phone screen. Here are some of the most common mistakes that will cause your smartphone screen to break.
- Dropping the phone: This is one of the most common ways that people will damage their phone screens. It can happen for many different reasons such as placing the phone on uneven surfaces, slippery conditions or accidentally bumping it. Any one of these will cause scratches and cracks that can shatter the screen. We recommend bringing your phone in for smartphone screen repair and letting our team of experts assess the situation.
- Using the phone while you are walking: Walking and talking on your phone can be dangerous. It increases the odds of you dropping your phone and collisions from not being aware of your surroundings.
- Leaving the phone in your back pocket: Keeping the phone in your back pocket is a frequent mistake many people make. The weight of your body will put pressure on the screen and causes it to break or crack. We recommend keeping your phone in a bag or the front pocket.
- Extreme temperatures: Extreme temperatures will cause your phone to overheat and become discolored. These conditions make your screen unresponsive. We recommend coming in for phone repair and letting our team of skilled technicians evaluate what is happening.
- Ignoring scratches and glitches: Scratches and glitches can permanently damage your phone screen. These can be signs of internal problems developing. Ignoring them will cause you bigger problems in the future.
- Putting pressure on the screen: The pressure you put on your screen will cause cracks and for it to break. Leaning or placing heavy objects on your phone will damage the screen. We recommend keeping as much pressure off the screen and the phone away from heavy objects.
- Using chemicals to clean your screen: Using harsh chemicals to clean your screen will cause permanent damage to it. Chemicals such as bleach or ammonia will dissolve the protective coating and cause scratches and discoloration.
These are the most common things that will cause damage to your smartphone screen. We recommend following the cleaning instructions in your owner’s manual for Android phone care.
Take Action Now
These are some of the most common reasons why your smartphone screen breaks. We recommend using caution and getting a case to protect your device. The money you spend now can prevent costly repairs in the future. Contact Street Talk today and let our team of skilled professionals help you. We are the best place to go for phone repair in NJ and have two convenient locations inside the Bridgewater Mall. You can shop while we troubleshoot and fix your smartphone screen issues.